1. Definition of Cookies
Cookies are harmless files which are downloaded to your computer, smart phone or tablet when you access certain websites.
Among other things, they allow a website to store and recover information about users’ browsing habits or their equipment (website preferences, profile information, etc.). Depending on the information they contain and the way in which you use your device, they can be used to recognise the user.
Cookies are not a virus, nor Trojans, nor worms, nor spam, nor spyware, nor do they open popup windows.
Cookies must be enabled for certain functions of the www.cotsiclaret.com website to function correctly.
2. What Information Does a Cookie Store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about a user, such as credit card numbers, bank account information, photographs, your identity number or personal information. The data they store are of a technical nature: personal preferences, content personalisation, etc.
The web server does not identify you as a person: it identifies your web browser. In fact, if you normally browse on Internet Explorer and you try to visit the same page with Firefox or Chrome, you will notice that the website does not realise that you are the same person, because the cookies are associated with the browser, not the person.
3. Classification of Cookies
According to their expiration:
- Session: These are temporary cookies which are created when the user visits the website and they expire when the session ends, so they are not installed in the computer or browsing device.
- Persistent: These are stored in the browsing device after the browsing session. They enable websites to register a user’s preferences and settings the next time the user accesses the website. They remain active for a specific time period, which can range from a few minutes to several years..
According to who manages them
- First party: Cookies established by the website domain the user is visiting. They are essential for the website to function.
- Third party: Cookies from external sources, which may be adverts, images, etc. inserted in the website. They are for statistical purposes.
According to their purpose:
- Technical: These are the most basic cookies and, among other things, they monitor whether a human or an automated application is browsing, whether the user is anonymous or registered, etc. These are basic tasks for the functioning of any dynamic website.
- Analysis: These cookies gather information on the type of browsing: the most visited pages, products viewed, timeframe of use, language, etc. They are used to improve the browsing experience based on an analysis of browsing behaviour.
- Advertising: These cookies enable advertising management on the dedicated space on websites according to user browsing habits, their country of origin, language, etc.
4. Which Cookies We Use, Why and How Long We Store Them
The www.cotsiclaret.com website uses the following third party cookies to ensure its proper functioning:*****************
5. Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
www.cotsiclaret.com displays information on its Cookies Policy in the upper part of any page when the website is accessed for the first time.
This information allows the user to perform the following actions:
- To accept the Cookies. This notification will not be shown again on any other page during the current session.
- To find more information related to the cookies used by the www.cotsiclaret.com website
6. Deactivating Cookies
The cookies stored on your computer or browsing device can be activated by following the instructions for each browser (normally found in the Help tab on the navigation bar). However, users should be aware that the deactivation of a cookie may impede or reduce the quality of the browsing experience or the provision of services offered on this website.
Here are the links on how to configure cookies for the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie="ie-10"
- Firefox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl="es"
- Safari: www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
You can find more information about cookies and their configuration on the www.allaboutcookies.org/es website
7. What Happens if I Deactivate the Cookies?
Here are some example of the effects of deactivating cookies:
You will not be able to share content of this website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media network.
The website will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences, which is what usually occurs with online stores.
You will not be able to access the personal area of this website, for example “My Account”, “My Profile” or “My Orders”.
You will not be able to make purchases from online stores; they will have to be made by telephone or by visiting the physical shop, if there is one.
It will not be possible to personalise your geographical preferences, such as the local time, currency or language.
The website will not be able to analyse visitors to the website or traffic, making it difficult for it to be competitive.
You will not be able to write on the blog, upload photos, send comments or rate content. The website will not be able to analyse whether you are human or an automated application that produces spam.
The website will not be able to display targeted advertising, which will reduce the advertising income for the website in question.
8. Can Cookies Be Deleted?
Yes. Not only can they be deleted, but also blocked, in general or for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website, go to the settings on your browser and search for the cookies associated with the domain in question and then delete them.
- Neither this website or its legal representation are responsible for the content or the accuracy of the privacy policies that the third parties mentioned in this Cookies Policy may have.
- Web browsers are the tools responsible for storing the cookies and in order to delete or deactivate cookies, users must do so on their web browser. Neither this website or its legal representation can guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies by the browsers.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so the browser does not forget your decision not to accept them.
For any enquiries regarding this Cookies Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us via the Contact page on the website.